Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
My new funnest, bestest friend Tardevil over at Confessions of a 40-Something Mama Queen gave me this pretty little award, by way of Bo at blinksnwinksfrombrown-eyes, and has asked me to post the 6 Things I Value & the 6 Things I Don't Value.Then, I'm going to ask a few bloggers to do the same.
The 6 Things I Value Most are:
1. God ~ Without the peace & love & understanding that comes from our dear Lord, nothing else is ever of any value anyway.
2. Family & Friends / Love ~ This is what I live for......my family: DH, Mother, daughter, granddaughter, SIL, soon-to-be little grandson, my sweet puppies, kitty, & grandpuppies, extended family. Friends, both the physical ones & the "virtual" ones ~ bloggers are awesome! All anyone really ever needs is LOVE (hear the Beatles here?)
3. Health ~ The older I get, the more I value this.
4. Happiness / Peace / Laughter ~ Giggles
5. Home ~ my little shallowness here is showing, but I truly love & value my home & my "stuff", too. Give me the choice of a terrific vacation or staying home & doing something to my home, & I'll pick HOME every time! It's my own little special coccoon, my safe haven, full of all I love & value.
The 6 Things I DON'T Value:
1. Lying ~ My number one pet peeve. Don't EVER lie to me because that is one thing I cannot forget. Forgiving someone who has lied to me is pretty hard, too!
2. Cheating ~ Winners don't cheat....Cheaters don't win!
3. Envy ~ Get over it....it makes EVERYONE miserable!
4. Greed ~ ditto
5. Grumpiness ~ see above!
6. Mean-spirited/Maliciousness ~ If you can't say anything nice, just shush up!
The 6 people I would like to pass this award on to:
1. Shirl at Shirl's Rose Cottage
2. Nan at Manic for Mosaics
3. Mary at Isabella's Closet
4. Rhea at Sweet N Shabby Roses
5. Jen at Jennifer's Petal Palace
6. Vickie at Visuals by Vickie
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Lastly, I'll leave you with my favorite pink picture of all time ~ my porch party held earlier back in the summer.
Hugs & Happy PINK SATURDAY,
Friday, October 24, 2008
The weather here in TX is finally starting to get a bit nippy. Yesterday it was 51 degrees!! So that is really helping me get in the mood to get a bit of my holiday shopping done!! And I just love spending money with my blogging pals!!
Off to do my part to help stimulate the economy!! :0)
Friday, October 17, 2008
I've been going through some old magazines this past week & found this pretty PINK patio furniture on the back cover of a 1987 Country Living magazine.....I told you I'm a packrat!!
I've also been working on a few Christmas surprises & had my pretty pink storage boxes out so I also snapped pics of them.
One of my most used glitter colors is......PINK! I bought the cute little handpainted bunny shakers from a fellow FFM blogger a couple of months ago.
I sell antique mirrors from Europe here & sometimes when I'm very lucky, I will find something stashed away in all the packings, like this neat old box of PINK matches.
~ Spaghetti Critters ~
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
No Warlocks Allowed!!
Everybody loves a GHOUL'S NIGHT OUT!
The table is decorated with my black beaded & sequined lacey shawl for a little glam! Tucked underneath are tiny purple lights for an eerie little ambiance.
I used solid white china with gold bands separated by a folded witch's hat. Added doilies to the napkins & slipped a spider pony tail holder on as napkin rings. Tiny sparkly spiders dot the dessert plates & are crawling up the silver goblets.
Tiny porcelain hinged boxes in the shape of witches shoes make adorable party favors.
They even open up for hiding potions, pills, etc.!!
I added my new witch's boot from Katherine's Collection, a gift from my sweet daughter for babysitting her pups this week! I also added a glass cauldron of sorts full of black/silver swirl balls & smaller purple balls. A small white pumpkin sits atop a shiny black urn. Black candles with vintage wire bobeches hold silver, gold, & purple ornaments.
My chunky wood Spooky sign that Lindsey of Two Crazy Crafters gifted me with looks great on the table! She also made the adorable vintage look tussie mussie on the back of the chair!
I used a crystal footed cake pedestal topped with a spider webby looking doily to hold an assortment of bottles filled with ingredients the gals might need if they choose to stir up a spell while eating.
Oh, good, two more guests have arrived.
My vintage tea cart has been set up for libations also.
The goblet full of purple concoction is borrowed from my granddaughter & the adorable little ghost cupcake is also from Lindsey. I found the cute little witch's hats at Hobby Lobby & have been adding them around the house to all manner of objects & animals!!
This witch has seen better days, but we always enjoy letting her stand guard by our front door.
I do hope you enjoyed our ghoul-y party. Please go visit my other friends now that are participating ~ you'd be amazed at how many wonderfully creative tablescapes are being shared each week!