Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wedding Collectibles
Wedding Week 2007


Some of my favorite wedding cake toppers. The two front ones are among my oldest. The one on the right came in its original plastic round box from Chicago in the 1940's. Both were purchased at the same estate sale. I have really fond memories of the girl I bought the pink cake topper from. It was from her "1st" wedding!!!She was a hoot!!!

Next are a few of my GONE WITH THE WIND collectibles that are also in the wedding theme category. The oval plate is from the Cameo Series, titled Pearls & Promises featuring Scarlett O'Hara. The small domed piece is from the Franklin Mint, titled THE BETROTHAL. Last is the Dave Grossman Figurine, Scarlett & Charles Hamilton.


This cute little bride & groom are from the Lizzie High Collection. Hubby got me these!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week & enjoying all the wedding hoop-la!!

Hugs,
Stephanie


4 comments:

Lori said...

Stephanie, I do declare! Miss Scarlett has my ruffles!!! About the card box!! Wa-who! I missed posting it yesterday but wait till you see what we had for cards!!! I will post it on Friday. If your interested email me and I'll tell you more about it!!! Gosh this is fun kinda helping do wedding things with your daughter!! Can you tell I love weddings? I still don't know why I have never gotton a bride doll!! Love ya, Lori

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Hi Stephanie! I am so sorry I have not been over here in so long!!!

I LOVE all of your gorgeous wedding posts!! I have never heard of a grooms cake either!!! LOL I wonder if it is a southern thing?

LOVE LOVE the sweet Scarletts!!!
Have a great day! xoxo Heather

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Stephanie i just lurve lookin' at your photos!
Your house must just be soooooo gorgeous!

xxoo

Michele said...

Stephanie, I just love your wedding cake toppers. I thought about starting a collection, but something else must have caught my eye, you know how that goes,LOL. Maybe it was my little shoes. Thanks so much for stopping by, so glad you are enjoying your magazine picture. xo
Michele