Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Powder Room

The Powder Room

Thought I would share a few pictures of our powder room with you.

The handsome man in the gold oval frame is my paternal grandfather. Who says it is inappropriate to put family pics in the loo?

I have a small collection of beaded purses, not nearly as many as my dear friend Lorena!


I purchased these little button-top baby shoes at an antiques shop in Salado many years ago. The decopauged print was a garage sale find.


My maternal grandmother crocheted the doily & tabletopper that I draped across the towel bar. The heart holds an instant ancestor & a vintage Gibson Girl post card.


My sweet friend Celeste painted the precious little angel tealite holder.


One of my all-time favorite finds, a handpainted plate with a Victorian couple on it.


More angels ~ the oval angel soap is a gift from my sweet friend, Vickie.

My daughter gifted me with the sweet little shelf & teddy bear. I added a tattered heart.

A special tea cup print & Victorian boot print.

An angel crafted by my sister-in-law from a lacy Battenburg napkin.


Click to read the sentiments.

A cross-stitched guest towel on a lacy doily.

A bunny at the base of the sink.


Hugs,

17 comments:

Nancy said...

So many pretty things! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,
Your powder room is a treasure trove of pretty things.
Thanks for stopping by & when your granddaughter gets her new look together you will have to post pictures!
Take care & have a wonderful weekend.
Love & pink hugs my friend!

Connie said...

That bathroom is soooooo YOUUUUUU, sistah chickee!! Adorable.
Smooches for mum please,
Connie

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Goodness girl! What a great collection of memories you have! It's nice to see treasured things in bathrooms...probably the most busy place in the house!!
Thanks for popping on by - we've enjoyed reading your post!
Karla & Karrie

Unknown said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting me and i gotta know , where did u find Crown soap? mishelle

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Hi Stephanie, A lot of great things here, but my favorite piece is the lovely lace purse. My goodness that is soooo pretty!

Have a Wonderful Day-

Kitty Scraps said...

Good Morning Miz Stephanie,
What a pretty blog you have here and your bathroom is beautiful! I had a Victorian themed bathroom for awhile but with my two guys it didn't last long! I was over ruled *sigh* But yours is lovely!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment! It sure was nice to meet you *smiles*

Melissa Miller said...

How pretty Stephanie!

You have many beautiful items in here. ;)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Hi Stephanie. How have you been? As always, your home is lovely. th little button top shoes and pic vintage picture are a great touch. Love Celeste's painting too!

Sonia said...

Such pretty stuff!! love the little button shoes!!

Unknown said...

Hehehe Steph..you are so sweet! You made me giggle and I have needed to giggle! What a pretty room you have all done up...those shoes ARE precious!

Steph..lol that *thingy* is our humidity gauge for the house. Only you would notice that..YOU never miss a thing do ya!

Hugs...Lorena

Xazmin said...

It's been so fun peeking into your powder room!

Xazmin

Light and Voices said...

Lovely pictures of your loo. I think I like the plate with the cute couple on it the best.
Joyce

vickie said...

Love it Steph! Thanks for sharing, so many pretties!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Stephanie, What a wonderful post to see a bit of your powder room. I had so much fun catching up and seeing your collections. What wonderful treasures. I just adore the battenberg lace angel and the little vintage high tops. Always lovely to view all your pretties.
Love you, Celestina Marie

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Your powder room is adorable! Love that you have family mementos in there. It's so sweet! Love the high button shoes, too!

Have a wonderful day,
Kitty

Rebecca Nelson said...

Love the non-traditional pretties in your bath! LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Always a joy to visit! :) You never cease to inspire!

oxRebecca