Friday, August 22, 2008

FFM, Wedding Cake Toppers, & My Dresser

FFM, Wedding Cake Toppers, & My Dresser

Today's post is a little longer than usual because I have lots of pics to share with you. First, I would like to remind you that today is Friday Flea Market, so please stop by my selling blog, Angelic Accents a la Carte, to see what I'm offering. There are lots of other blog participants doing FFM, so please check here to see their goodies today!!

I collect wedding memorabilia & can never pass up a good deal on a pretty wedding cake topper, so these are my latest finds.....
This one isn't very old, but I just love how sweet the couple are looking at each other & the bride's Victorian wedding gown.
I thought this one was quite unique as it had been placed into a glass egg. This is a wonderful vintage chalkware bride & groom.
And now, my favorite new/old one.....a bride & groom from the 1950's standing in a double circle of wedding bands with doves on top. This piece has aged & yellowed & one poor little dove has lost its wing, but I couldn't leave the store without it!
Last Saturday I posted some pics of my bedroom dresser on PINK SATURDAY, & got several responses on it asking for more pictures, so here are some closeups.

This piece was found at an antique store & had been stripped down to its natural pine finish. There were hints of old green & white paint in the cracks & crevices. DH labourously worked to strip it completely & added Minwax to it & it was beautiful in all its pine glory for about 10 yrs.

Later I decided it must be shabby chiced up!! After hearing, "You've got to be kidding" about 100 times from DH, I started the process (without his approval or help!). The white finish really brings out all the detailing, the carvings, the beading around the oval mirror & the curly cues & columns that frame the mirror......

the sides & legs......
This is a picture of a pretty little pillow I bought on eBay back a couple of years ago that features silk ribbon embroidery & beading. I always loved it, til I saw what my sweet PRH sisters Shirl & Katie can do!! Their silk ribbon embroidery is 2die4!! Katie has just opened up a selling blog called A Petal Apart, so please stop by & visit her! And Shirl definitely needs to sell hers, too, so stop by her blog Shirl's Rose Cottage to get a peek at what she creates!! We need to encourage her to sell hers to us, too!!



the glove boxes.....
and the beautiful original appliques on the doors!
I'm going to visit my fellow FFM sellers now! And don't forget that tomorrow is PINK Saturday!! See you then!


Hugs,



10 comments:

Connie said...

Steph, I love that little dresser and yes, you SHOULD have ignored hubby and painted it! It's exquisite. Hope B. is feeling well, sweet chick and am anxious for you to diaper a BOY!! LOL
Smoochies to our mum,
Connie

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Such beautiful things...Have a great weekend...M

Donna Lynn said...

Hello Stephanie,
Love, love, love the dresser, you were right to paint it white, I love how when you paint highly detailed pieces the details just "POP"! I also love your vintage brides and grooms, I have seen them in antiques malls, but have never bought them, now I wished I had with my son's wedding just two weeks away!

Take care and have a great weekend!
XO,
Donna Lynn

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Steph!
Your dressing table is gorgeous! I love it painted white, it really does bring out the details. You have displayed such lovely things on it too! Thanks so much for sharing such a beautiful treasure with us!!
Hugs, Sherry

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Stephanie, Everything is gorgeous in your wedding topper collection. Your dresser makes me have heart palpitations. I just love it.
I have passed on an award to you. Come take a peek when you can.
Love ya, Celestina
la rea rose

Vanessa Greenway said...

Hi! I love the dresser! It is so beautiful! xo Vanessa

Shirl said...

Hi Steph, what a beautiful collection of wedding things you have! I thought the bridal topper in the glass egg was just so cute!. Thank you so much on the compliment of my silk embroidery.
Love You! Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Margie said...

Your cake toppers are adorable, but oh, my! that dresser is simply stunning!!! I just love it! It was made to be white!

Miss Rhea said...

Steph, that is a Great Dresser. Will it fit into my suitcase if I come for a visit ? lol, If not the little egg with the sweet couple should, right ????? lol !! :) I love seeing pictures of your home, it is so bright and happy. :)

Anonymous said...

i genuinely adore your own posting choice, very exciting.
don't quit as well as keep posting due to the fact it just well worth to read it,
excited to browse much more of your article content, cheers!