Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Lampe Bergers & a Little Fun

I have been selling quite a few Lampe Bergers on eBay & have quickly fallen in love with them. They are wonderful aromatic diffuser oil lampes from Paris, France that are equisitely made, many by famous designers. They help purify the air of bacteria & odors. They seem to be becoming fast collectibles, too. Especially the harder to find ones & the retired ones.

I have the platinum trimmed CORSET Lamp Berger listed in my eBay store here. I told DH how nice I thought it looked in my bedroom, so he took the hint & suggested I keep one for myself. Here is what I chose.....

The DEGAS Ballerina Porcelain by Goebel. Even the back of it is so very pretty with its dainty floral wreath halo tossed recklessly on the ground! Now for a little fun . . . . .
I found this on another blog and thought it would be fun to do. Enjoy


Pick your favorite of each one and print it in bold. Share on your blog!


Lace or Ribbon(both)

Mountain or Beach

Reading or Writing

Cookie or Cake

Baked or Mashed Potato

Side or Back

Shrimp or Steak

Scrambled or Fried

Orange or Apple

Spring or Fall

Roller Skating or Bowling


DVD or Theater Movies

Wood or Glass

Blue or Green

Chocolate or Vanilla

Quilt or Knit

Early Morning or Late Night

Coffee or Tea

Watermelon or Strawberry

Lunch or Dinner

Cold Cereal or Oatmeal (neither)

Song or Dance

Carpet or Hardwood Floor

Red or Pink

Cat or Dog (both)

Pretzels or Chips

Iced Tea or Lemonade

Non-fiction or Fiction (biographies)


Rose or Daisy

Sunrise or Sunset


Comb or Brush

Pottery or Basket

Bracelet or Necklace (both)

Pen or Pencil

Couch or Chair

Country or Victorian


Farm or Ranch

Braid or Ponytail

$Cash$ or Check

Chocolate bar or Jelly Beans

Coke or Pepsi

Hot dog or Cheeseburger

Blinds or Curtains

Dress or Pants (both)

Sun or Moon

Adventure or Comedy

Cloud or Star

Lake or River

Half full or Half empty

Truck or Car

Bath or Shower

Clothesline or Dryer

New or Second Hand (both)


Gum or Lifesaver

Email or Handwritten

July or October

Barefoot or Shoes


There now, wasn't that fun??

Hugs,

Stephanie

18 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

I've never heard of a Lampe Bergere- where do you find them and what do you put in them? Are they kind of like a classy Plug It In?
I can't wait to play with the "this or that" game!

Sharon said...

Steph, I'm the lucky owner of a lamp Berger. Got it for $2 at a yard sale along with two full bottles of fragrance. The lady received it as a gift and had too many allergies and could not use it in her home. My current favorite fragrance is New Orleans.

Miss Rhea said...

How neat. I too have never heard of such a thing. I will have to look into this. :) I am a scent freak. Love cinnamon.

Natasha Burns said...

Love the Degas one! He is one of my very favourite artists and has been for many years since school!

Sandy said...

I never heard of these, either. Very interesting and expensive

vickie said...

Steph, I LOVE Lampe Bergere!
Any time I see them displayed, I stop and look. I love the Degas you show on your blog. Wow, Sharon, you really got a bargain for $2!!!
They are all so pretty, hard to choose just one! I'll play the fun game later, thanks for sharing!
Vickie

Unknown said...

Steph, because of you I have become intrigues by Lampe Berger. I love the one you chose to keep! It is absolutely gorgeous!

Amy

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I have never heard of these. Thank you for informing us! They are pretty and sound like they smell great!

Unknown said...

Steph, that bunny lamp is SO CUTE!!! Thank you for telling me! the bunny looks like the dolls I collect too!!

Amy

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

ok i am admitting ignorance here Steph, ive never heard of these lamps before.
So today you are responsible for educating my mind ! LOL

Thanks Bella.
Luv Shann xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,
Those lamp bergers are lovely! I have never had one either, but they sound like a lovely idea.
Kathy :)

a Pocket Angel said...

Hello Stephanie, Could you please stop by my blog. Thank you!
Have a lovel day. ~Mary~ :-}

Sonia said...

Hey Stephanie,
I'm back....was looking back at your blog, love your stuff and especially liked the post with your bedroom pictures. Its very exquisite with all the mirrors and beautiful collectibles. Love it!!

Sonia

a Pocket Angel said...

Stephanie, I forgot to add in my last comment.. Could you please email me at isabellascloset@aol.com. Thanks! ~Mary~

Unknown said...

Hi, just admiring your photos of your precious things in your room, they are lovely!
Sue

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the Lampe Berger Steph. Haven't seen or heard of them before but I love the Degas one.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Your Hubby is so sweet~ I love your Dega Lampe Bergere~ but I have never heard of such a thing~ seem like a wonderful idea though, my diffuser is a bottle and bamboo~ not so romantic looking but smells delicious.
Sharon @ C'est Chouette

Bertie said...

Steph, my list of choices almost "mirrors" yours! I had to use that word, you know.

I've seen the Lampe Bergeres in an upscale boutique while on vacation and meant to research them but forgot until I saw that you had the oil in your ebay store. I love the one you chose to keep.

Bertie
Aunt May's Cottage