Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Doll Challenge Pictures

Doll Challenge Pictures
Lori of Faerie Window is hosting a party for all doll collectors today ~ click on her link to see everyone who is participating. I've already been peeking & there are some gorgeous posts!!

I would love to share a few of my favorites with you. The above pic shows a small cupboard that sits atop a larger plantation cupboard full of dolls in our bedroom. I recently purchased the china head doll for 50 cents if you can believe it!! I am also very attracted to dressforms, so one day soon I'll share a few of those with you.

^^This is my all time favorite doll ~ my mother!^^
This beauty is named Carole. She is a Mundia Porcelain Limoges Doll made in France. I sold a few of these dolls back a few years ago, but decided to keep this one for myself. She has the same color hair as me, & is holding an adorable little wool jointed teddy bear. Her dress is a silky damask with a handembroidered & sequined apron. The attention to detail is amazing.

I am a huge Gone With the Wind fan, so thought I would share a few of my favorite dolls from that collection. Bradford Exchange Cameo Series Plate "Pearls & Promises", Franklin Mint Domed "Scarlett's Betrothal" & David Grossman Sculpted "Betrothal".
Two more of my special "dolls" ~ a church baby that belonged to my mother-in-law (named for the fact that it was made from a hanky, could be taken to church by small children & played with during the service & if it dropped, it would make no noise), & a picture of my dear grandmother with Santa! My Granny Cooper was a true doll in every sense of the word!
One of my daughter's favorite Victorian dolls, not old, but very sweet.
A Royal Doulton china figurine called "Christmas Morn"
My daughter's Cinderella figurine & a sculpted sand Castle from Disney World
Daughter's musical Happy Birthday figurine by Lefton ~ a gift to her from my parents
2 Half-Back Storybook Dolls ~ Goldilocks & Alice in Wonderland ~ 2 of my very favorite stories
& who can forget the Cabbage Patch craze of the early 80's?!?

This was my very first baby doll. She was given to me when I was born by one of Mother's friends. She is made of rubber, has been much loved, & I named her Suzy. Her mouth is cracked from where I used to shove my pinkie into it to "keep her quiet"! Also pictured to her left is a small ballerina doll with a stiff lace tutu that I love ~ such soft blue shading!
My daughter's last doll, an American Girl named Samantha. I love that she is holding her own little doll in her arms.
Seymour Mann Victorian doll with wonderful lace trim, bonnet, & pantaloons.
Seymour Mann doll holding her very own baby doll. I just adore the white on white dress with all the tucking & eyelet trim & the small locket.
Seymour Mann "Scarlett O'Hara" Bride Doll


I am so enjoying visiting all the other blogs today & drooling over the exquisite collections that are being shared. Hasn't this been fun?!?!

Hugs,
Stephanie






37 comments:

Christine said...

I'm in awe of everyone's collections! I like the Scarlett Bride doll and the Alice in Wonderland ones in particular:) It's so nice to see how each person lovingly holds their dolls in such high regard. Thanks for sharing:)
~Christine

Jessi Nagy said...

OMG!!! your dolls are fabulous!!! you have so many differant kinds. we collected AG dolls when my daughter was younger, we have 4. i really love the older vintage ones. gorgeous!
oxooxx,
jessi

Lori said...

Stephanie, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful dolls:) i like the little girl made of rubber who was your first doll, i can see how much you loved her...i love gone with the wind too, i watch it at least twice a year and i used to read the book every year also, so i love those dolls...what a darling sweet picture of your mom...thanks again for playing with me today:)

vivian said...

love your first baby doll! and also those little alice in wonderlands! great collection!
vivian

Betzie said...

Such sweet dolls...I especially love your Royal Doulton! Your cabinet is super too...and love the dress form. I need to collect a few of those! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

great doll collection.they are very pretty!!! this has been fun...

love,

mica

Anonymous said...

lovely collection. thank you for sharing them.

love, mica

bluemuf said...

Stephanie, I love your doll collection you have some gorgous dolls and the dress forms are amazing. Did you make or buy the clothes?

Karen

Linda said...

You have a wonderful collection of dolls. I love the photo of your Mum she sure does look like a living doll in that photo.
Cheers Linda

Secondhandrose said...

Wow Steph, you have alot of great dolls. My favorite is the rubber doll, your first doll. Sentimental I guess.
Karen

zuzu said...

=^..^= Stephanie!

What a yummy show and tell ...
I was just so taken by some of your babies.
I don't think I have ever seen some of the ones you have before!

The Cinderella is darling ... loving that one!

So happy you came out to play today.
Wasn't this a grand idea of Lori's?
I am having so much fun!

=^..^= love, zU

Sandy said...

Your dolls and displays are just stunning! Suzy is my favorite! While I love all the dolls I was entranced by the first picture of the doll costumes on the forms, just gorgeous! Your taste is exquisite and high praise as it looks much like my beloved aunts home, which I adore!

Unknown said...

I love your baby doll (even with her crack) and the little ballernina next to her! Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Oh, your collection is just beautiful. I love American Girl Dolls too, have you visited the store in New York City? Your dolls are lovely. Karen

Natasha Burns said...

What sweeties Stephanie! Love the Alice doll, so gorgeous!

COLLS GARDEN said...

They are all so lovely Steph. I think I like the little ballerina with the blue tutu best of all.
Hugs, Coll :-}

Becky said...

Oh so sweet dollies. I love them all. Thanks for sharing and stopping by. Wasn't this so very fun.

Smiles,
Becky

roseroomnz.com said...

Hi Stephanie, your dolls are fantastic. I love your Gone with the Wind collection:) Rachael

Lori Garbarino said...

Beautiful, just beautiful collection! i especially love the church doll made from a Hanki, I have to figure that out!!! great inspiration!

hugs

Lori

vickie said...

Wow, Steph, you have a wonderful collection. The "Carole" doll is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you have a great doll collection. So many interesting dolls. Scarlet and Alice and your first doll, all are wonderful and have to tell her story.
Thanks for sharing!
Stefanie

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Hi Stephanie,

What a beautiful collection you have! Your dolls are gorgeous, but I have to say your "Susie" doll is my favorite. How sweet to still have your very first doll!

Kitty

girlgonethreadwild said...

Wow, so elegant a collection I feel somehow more beautiful just walking through your parade of dolls. Truly fantastic array of lace and porcelain...very dainty & inviting! Love it! ~Monica :)

Poppedijne said...

Such romantic doll's you have.All little princesses in their own kingdom.

Anonymous said...

Your collection of dolls are so BEAUTIFUL! I must say how much I love your "PIN MONEY" purses! I'm a collector of pretty much everything, but that is something that I don't have. They're gorgeous!

Julie

Lori said...

Stephanie, Yes my Texan doll, you have some beauties!! Another thing we have in common, dollies! I so want an American Girl doll, aren't I am big kid??? Love Lori

pchickki said...

Oh my what a lovely collection! I especially love the Suzy doll and the American Girl doll.

Thanks for stopping by my blog on Dolly day and for the comments.

You are the second person that noticed the bedding! Thanks

Love your blog and would like to post yout link on my blog. Thanks for sharing!

I'll be watching.
Patti

Unknown said...

Wow! You have a lot of dollys! They are all so beautiful! I really love the one from France, her outfit is gorgeous!
XOXO
Jillian

Unknown said...

Love the dolls! I started to say Cinderella is my favorite, but I can't narrow it down.

Unknown said...

Hi Steph! Your dolls are gorgeous, just as I knew they would be!

Hugs,
Amy

Shirl said...

Steph you have the most beautiful collection of dolls! They are all different and interesting! Your first dolly is my favorite.
Love You!
Shirl
Shirls Rose COttage

Fete et Fleur said...

Wonderful dolls. Thank you for sharing them with us. Your first doll is my very favorite!

Nancy

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Your dolls are all so lovely!!! But I especially love your first rubber baby-doll, she's so cute!

Celestina Marie said...

Oh Steph, your collection is simply gorgeous. I love them all and what a beautiful assortment of different types you have. I love your first doll. How special she must be to you. The picture of your mother is really a wonderful picture to own. She was adorable. Thank you for sharing your pictures and your wonderful
explanations.
hugs,
Celestina,
La Rea Rose

3rdEyeMuse said...

I can see why Carole is your favorite - she is absolutely stunning! I feel so lucky to have stumbled upon the doll party ... even if it was a few days late. I did post my own favorites ... if you are interested, feel free to stop by: http://3rdeyemuse.blogspot.com/2008/04/doll-party-worse-than-fashionably-late.html

Cheers! ~M~

Sharon said...

Steph all of your dolls are so very beautiful, you have quite a collection. My favorite, outside of your Mom's photo, is Miss Suzy.

Miss Rhea said...

Love that pic of your mom, is she adorable or what ??? :) Your Suzy is terribly sweet and the shushing her story is precious. I love the little ballerina too. :)